Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone is staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I went to see Spiritbox live (!!!), did my annual library book renewal, and stayed in a bunch because it was raining lots. Daily summaries below!
April 28, 2023
- Got lunch with my mother, so that was lovely =)
- Shopped for tiles. Very exciting.
- My catheters have been approved! Huzzah!
- OMG, MELISSA BONNY IS TOURING WITH KAMELOT FOR THEIR NORTH AMERICAN TOUR. <CUE THE FANGIRL SCREAMING>
- So much traffic returning from tile shopping. My mother and I stopped for bubble tea, because priorities.
- The Mets were denied a comeback opportunity because of the rain. Alas.
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Dang, it is really raining outside.
- Currently looping: Not much music today, although I did play a bit of Kamelot in the car. My mother didn’t hate it.
April 29, 2023
- My mother and I had breakfast, so that was awesome ^_^
- Did the FES cycle.
- My primary care physician called me during my bike workout to check that the medical supply company received her note. She’s awesome (and yes, they did, so huzzah!).
- Wow, I am really trying to catch up with these RPDR seasons. I’m a few episodes away from finishing season seven.
- My boyfriend’s here! He made dinner.
- So weird watching a hockey game and rooting for different teams.
- Currently feeling: This is a very exciting hockey game.
- Currently looping: KAMELOT!
April 30, 2023
- Wow, it’s raining a ton out there.
- So much rain.
- So my boyfriend and I stayed in and had a laundry day, which is exactly what it sounds like, because our vibe is domestic AF.
- And we watched “Kung Fu Panda,” because he hadn’t seen it, and I want everyone to see it at least once. (And Hans Zimmer did the score, because of course he did.)
- He loves it. Huzzah!
- He also saw a few Popeye’s commercials while he was here, so he went to Popeye’s, and then we tried a new hot sauce.
- Omg, I need tissues. Too hot.
- Currently feeling: It’s gonna be May!
- Currently looping: Not much music, but I’ve been listening to all the Spiritbox IG stories and getting pumped for their concert!
May 1, 2023
- It’s already May! When did that happen?
- Worked on editing this chapter, and I think it’s a more polished draft now? It definitely could use more details, but this is just for my dissertation reader to have a look at.
- Worked out with an SCI trainer!
- Was going to see a Spiritbox concert with a friend, but her wheelchair unexpectedly broke down.
- <cue me calling up several friends who I thought might be okay with a metal concert?>
- Alas, all busy or not into metal.
- Looks like I’m going solo! [Featured photo!]
- OH MY GOSH, COURTNEY LAPLANTE IS A GODDESS OF METAL AND HER VOICE IS MAGICAL.
- THEY’RE PLAYING “THE MARA EFFECT: PART 3.”
- THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THEY ARE PLAYING MY FAVORITE SONG.
- It’s a song from their first EP back in 2017, so it’s not like, current or anything. But honestly, it’s one of my favorite things they’ve done, and I’m SO EXCITED I got to see it and hear it live.
- That said, the venue is not ideal for wheelchair seating. The accessible bathroom is great, but like, I was peeking through gaps in the barrier the whole concert.
- But at least I befriended a married couple that’s really into metal.
- They were smart and had ear plugs.
- I hope I can hear things tomorrow.
- Currently feeling: I LOVE SPIRITBOX. IF COURTNEY LAPLANTE AND I EVER MEET, I WILL FANGIRL SO HARD SHE WILL WALK AWAY AWKWARDLY.
- Currently looping: ALL OF THE SPIRITBOX.
May 2, 2023
- Push to Walk followed by bubble tea!
- Dang, what is up with this weather? It’s like sunny, and then the skies darken and it pours, and then it’s sunny again.
- I am so sleepy. Thank goodness for bubble tea.
- Followed by laundry. So much laundry.
- And folding, and putting things away.
- And catching up on late night YouTube with my mother. Loving this Sasha Colby interview with Dulcé Sloan.
- My mother baked apple oat squares. They are delightful ^_^
- Currently feeling: Still kind of sleepy, but that’s to be expected with a late concert night.
- Currently looping: Spotify’s Metal Mix.
May 3, 2023
- Admin day!
- Renewed my library books, sorted out my mail, and tidied up, all with “Friends” in the background (yes, it’s a basic show, but it’s also fun to watch people have ridiculous lives that still somehow work out).
- Aaand, the Mets lost the first game of the double header. Rats.
- Theragun-ing my shoulders because they are hella tight. I was wheeling to the concert venue on Monday and had to stop every couple of blocks to reset (but I played it cool on the sidewalk and like, pulled over to check my phone, because the worst thing is wheeling slowly and having people be like, “Do you need help?”). Probably should’ve worked on my shoulders last night, but it slipped my mind.
- Sent off an edited chapter to my outside reader. He’ll probably be like, “Um. You had a good idea, but like, this is a mess.” Or something.
- Aaand, the Mets lost the second game of the double header. Rats.
- Currently feeling: Wow, my shoulders are sore.
- Currently looping: Revisiting some Sarah Jarosz.
May 4, 2023
- May the Fourth be with you! (Had to do it, sorry not sorry.)
- Did the FES cycle and watched an episode of “The Mandalorian” (I am crawling through season three, but it’s been pretty darn good so far.)
- Recorded a video for a YouTube collaboration.
- Finished bingeing season seven of RPDR. Still love it.
- Also the Mets lost today. What is going on?
- Love that at least one channel is playing “Star Wars” all day.
- Now that the Rangers are out of the playoffs, should I root for the Kraken (i.e. the coolest name for a hockey team ever)?
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: I woke up this morning kind of groggy, and I’m wondering if like, this is what getting older feels like (that is, taking a week to recover from one night of poor sleep).
- Currently looping: The Spotify DJ and also TayTay’s “Anti-Hero,” but I’m starting to realize that the more I listen to her, the cattier I get. ‘Tis odd. Also, I’m not sure if this is related, but I really want this eyeshadow quad.
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, stay sane, and maybe go to a concert this summer if that’s your thing!
One thought on “Week of 4/28-5/4”
What a fun and eventful week you had! It’s great to hear about your experiences and how you’re finding joy in the little things. May the Force continue to be with you!