Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, my refrigerator died, I got some dissertation work done, and I’m getting back in the swing of at-home physical therapy. Daily summaries below!
Day Seven Hundred and Twenty-Nine (3/11/22)
- Literally didn’t open my laptop all day because my boyfriend and I were being cute and watching things on Netflix/listening to classical music. Shut up.
- Currently feeling: Am I behind on my work? Yes, probably. But work is the thing that kept me from having a love life for the entirety of my academic career thus far, so the work can wait (for like, a day, and then it’s back to dissertationing).
- Currently looping: More classical music.
Day Seven Hundred and Thirty (3/12/22)
- Did the FES cycle for thirty minutes.
- Watched the season premiere of “Outlander” a few days late, but dang, this season is going to be dark.
- Aaaand my refrigerator died.
- Oh my goodness, all the things in my freezer are soft and melting.
- There’s a fridge in my building that I can use for now, but yikes, I need to get a new fridge like now.
- Donated to a fund specifically for Ukranians with disabilities who are trying to leave the country.
- My boyfriend’s helping me shop for fridges online. He even created a spreadsheet. A spreadsheet. <swoons>
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Dissertation had to wait because of refrigerator issues. It was fifteen years old, so, it lived way past warranty at least.
- Currently looping: My “Burn Things” playlist.
Day Seven Hundred and Thirty-One (3/13/22)
- Refrigerator shopping! Getting a temporary one because supply chain issues mean I can’t do a proper replacement for a few months.
- My boyfriend’s spreadsheet came through!
- So tired.
- I’ve lost track of the total number of times I’ve been outside.
- Wordle: Whoops.
- Currently feeling: Not having a refrigerator is extremely annoying.
- Currently looping: My VALentine playlist.
Day Seven Hundred and Thirty-Two (3/14/22)
- Did the FES cycle for 45 minutes. Almost at a full hour!
- Went out and bought a replacement fridge! Huzzah!
- Answered so many emails.
- Just realizing how much work I still have to do. Gah.
- One of the #triotime ladies came over to help me clean out this fridge before it gets taken away.
- Phoneday =)
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Well, today was productive. I like productive days.
- Currently looping: The Decemberists’ live album, “We All Raise Our Voices to the Air”
Day Seven Hundred and Thirty-Three (3/15/22)
- The temporary refrigerator is here! Due to a bit of accidental reading on the appliance website, I ordered something that belongs in the Dunder and Mifflin breakroom, rather than a small apartment fridge. Whoops.
- Went for a facial, because I haven’t done that in months and my pores are congested (plus, I had to go in before the next covid wave, because that’s life now).
- Everything is now in the temporary fridge! (Well, with the exception of some items that didn’t fit in the freezer, but I was okay with parting with those.
- Dissertationing! I’m at around 4000 words now, and still have two sections of this chapter to go (although the middle section is going to be pretty short).
- I should probably email my advisor and let him know that this chapter is going to be late.
- Phoneday! =)
- Wordle: In six! Phew, that was a close one!
- Currently feeling: Still chugging along with dissertation things, but I have like, three other academic things to work on, so, yikes.
- Currently looping: Radiohead’s “OK Computer” album. Love revisiting this one.
Day Seven Hundred and Thirty-Four (3/16/22)
- Went to my doctor’s office in SoHo. Realized that I should hang out in SoHo for a bit, because how often am I there?
- Cue trips to one of my favorite chocolate places and bra shop. Got a new comfy bra and some chocolate (and a caramel latte, which I transported in a thermos back to my apartment).
- Therapy! Drank my caramel latte as I regaled my therapist with the refrigerator saga.
- As it turns out, a caramel latte and a slice of sourdough bread does not a lunch make.
- Got an article scan back from the library! Wahoo!
- I had two really efficient Lyft Access rides today, and while they were pricey, I’m so thankful that these rideshare apps are giving wheelchair users another transportation option.
- Filled out my March Madness bracket! Phew, almost forgot!
- Phoneday is everyday, gosh =)
- Wordle: In six! Goodness, twice in a row??
- Currently feeling: It was such a gorgeous day outside, and I’m so glad I’m getting back into wheeling around places. I mean, sure, I wheeled like, less than half a mile around SoHo and a bit around my own neighborhood, but there’s just so much to do, and I haven’t been outside regularly in so long. ‘Twas lovely =)
- Currently looping: Jimmy Eat World’s live performance of “Sweetness”
Day Seven Hundred and Thirty-Five (3/17/22)
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Just a reminder that St. Patrick’s Confessions are basically him lamenting how unworthy he is of everything.
- I am so sore and tired. And my body’s retaining so much water. Darn you, PMS!
- Also, I’m trying to remember if this part near the drainage site has always been this swollen and I’m just now noticing it, or if I should be concerned.
- Hmm. No fever. Maybe it’s just been there all this time and it’ll sort itself out eventually? In any case, I’m going for a follow up in like, 2.5 more weeks. And the surgeon seemed pretty confident in how things were going. Darn you, hypochondria!
- Did the FES cycle for a full one-hour session! Huzzah!
- It’s time for March Madness!
- Aaaand there goes my bracket.
- Phoneday! =)
- Dissertationing! Hit my 500-words-a-day quota. This chapter is going to be, er, long. And also super late, because this fool here thought she could write a chapter while recovering from a procedure that threw her life into chaos (oh, and while she was managing a refrigerator crisis).
- Wordle: In two! Two!!
- Currently feeling: I still have so much work to do. Oh, and let’s not forget I have to plan a lesson. Deep breath. It’ll get done. It’ll get done because it has to get done.
- Currently looping: Billie Eilish’s live performance of “Happier Than Ever” followed by “Bad Guy.”
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, check your bracket(s), and check the lifespan of your refrigerator!