Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I was able to manage post-op stuff without painkillers, got mad at Wordle even though the NYTimes allegedly hasn’t changed anything, and turned thirty-one. Daily summaries below!
Day Seven Hundred and Eight (2/18/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Two of Thirty-Nine. I finally willed myself to look at part of the procedure site (medical anything makes me squeamish AF), and holy moly, there’s like, a tiny hole. A hole! No wonder there’s so much drainage. I’m also trying to go all day without taking a painkiller, so wish me luck.
- Got some dissertation reading done!
- Lunch break call =)
- That feeling when you get so much reading done that you find another book that’s very relevant that you also need to read (because you just can’t stay away from those footnotes).
- I begin to think there is no way to read all the things before needing to start the chapter. Even if they’re all the important things. Or maybe that’s the wound management talking.
- Finally got to watch a replay of Mariah Bell’s gorgeous “Hallelujah” free skate program. Tears. That was beautiful.
- Phoneday date! Watched “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” with this boy who had never seen it =)
- Wordle: Five guesses. NYT, you’ve ruined something so delightful and pure, WHY.
- Currently feeling: So far so good on the no painkillers. We shall see how the night goes. Wish me luck, Internet!
- Currently looping: Two Steps From Hell’s “Victory” (composed by Thomas Bergersen). It’s like an epic video game score.
Day Seven Hundred and Nine (2/19/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Three of Thirty-Nine. Two days with no painkillers!
- Got two hours of sleep. Oops.
- Got out of bed late. Whoops. But the early morning call was worth it =)
- Watched “Lilo and Stitch” while I had my morning tea.
- My parents are here! We had lunch.
- Digging that “The Princess and the Frog” and “Tangled” are back-to-back on cable.
- Revised an article. Will review tomorrow.
- Nighttime call =)
- Wordle: Four guesses!
- Currently feeling: Really need to catch up on sleep.
- Currently looping: Arctic Monkeys’ live performance of “Do I Wanna Know?”
Day Seven Hundred and Ten (2/20/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Four of Thirty-Nine. Three days with no painkillers!
- Caught up on some sleep. Phew.
- Watched the new Ali Wong special with my mother. Unsure if that was the most mother-daughter-friendly thing to watch together, haha.
- Love the first essay here on post-injury sex. Also love “quadginity” as a concept. New Mobility also put out an article on disability-friendly sex toys, so they’re killing it with the February content this year.
- Don’t you hate it when you’re about to send in a revision of something and you think of something that could work really well riiight before you hit “send”?
- Brief call with one of the #triotime peeps. ‘Twas nice to catch up for a bit!
- Nighttime call =)
- Wordle: In four! Also tried Lewdle and learned a new word.
- Currently feeling: I still haven’t replied to two important emails. And it looks like I’m going to be revising an article on my birthday. Time to bring that Kermit typing gif to life.
- Currently looping: Carly Rae Jepsen’s live performance of “Making the Most of the Night.”
Day Seven Hundred and Eleven (2/21/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Five of Thirty-Nine. Four days with no painkillers!
- Tax things. Fun times.
- Oh, it’s also my birthday.
- Sent in a revised article.
- Dinner with my parents and my bestie!
- Did some standing frame.
- Caught up with my bestie!
- Wordle: Forgot to do. Oh no. There goes the streak.
- Currently feeling: Thanks for the birthday love, everyone!
- Currently looping: I made a “Being Social” playlist.
Day Seven Hundred and Twelve (2/22/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Six of Thirty-Nine. Two-thirds of the way there. Still feeling some swelling, but I’ve gone five days without painkillers, and the drainage went the whole day without smelling terrible, so there’s that at least.
- Morning call =)
- Breakfast with my bestie!
- My parents are here!
- Tea with a college friend! It was so delightful to see her ^_^
- Did a bit of standing frame.
- Phoneday is everyday =)
- Wordle: Three guesses!
- Currently feeling: Okay, maybe I’ll read like two more chapters to do some prep, and then this girl needs to start writing this chapter.
- Currently looping: Halestorm’s “I Get Off.”
Day Seven Hundred and Thirteen (2/23/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Seven of Thirty-Nine. Not as much drainage, now six days without painkillers (and by that, I mean, like, regular Tylenol, so, feeling good about that).
- Deleted Hinge.
- Pretty much finished up reading for this chapter until the writing starts, in which there will be a whole new round of reading because that is the nature of the writing process.
- Oh drat, I still need to send an email.
- I’ve talked to this boy three times today. No shame.
- My wheelchair wheel has been fixed! It was a bit warped before, but the local bike store fixed it up.
- One of my grad school mates sent me a box of Burdick’s and I’m like <sobs>
- Wordle: Four guesses! Could’ve been two, but the first letter eluded me.
- Currently feeling: This week. I need to start writing this week.
- Currently looping: Halestorm’s “The Steeple.” New Halestorm? Um, yes, please.
Day Seven Hundred and Fourteen (2/24/22)
- Post-Op Countdown: Day Twenty-Eight of Thirty-Nine. Drainage was awful this morning. So awful.
- My mother got me a matcha latte. Because I’m sobbing.
- Called my bestie and continued sobbing.
- Wrote about 500 words of this chapter. That’s all I can hope for at the moment.
- Gave to the Kyiv Independent because what else can be done at this point?
- Wordle: Four guesses!
- Currently feeling: Just trying to stick to the recovery plan. I’m upset because I knew the procedure has a 65% success rate. I’m so worried I’m in that 35% because this doesn’t seem to be getting better (and after calling the surgeon, my concerns were not exactly alleviated).
- Currently looping: My “Burn Things” playlist.
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, get vaccinated/boosted, and go have a matcha latte if that’s your thing!