Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone is staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I mailed tax stuff, went to a picnic in the park, and tried to be a decent plant parent? Daily summaries below!
April 14, 2023
- Phone calls and emails, because of course.
- Tile browsing! Going to figure out how to best repair this bathroom. Also saw this gorgeous sink setup in the showroom and thought, “Dang, maybe if I remodel the bathroom in the future, I could get a sink like that.”
- I should get used to the idea that this bathroom is going to look way different than it currently does.
- Got bubble tea and Shake Shack with my mother afterwards.
- Worked out with an SCI trainer!
- Watched the finale of “Drag Race,” and dang, I knew the winner was kind of inevitable, but the one I was rooting for put up one heck of a fight.
- Let’s go Mets! Put the hurt on the A’s!
- Wow, that’s a lot of hurt. The A’s really need to stop walking people (like, as a general note for their team, but I’m okay with it right now).
- Also I remembered I have to mail tax stuff, so I’m glad there’s baseball to keep me company while I get that together.
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Another late night, but dang, the “Drag Race” finale was awesome.
- Currently looping: Not much music today, but The Dark Side of the Moon just released their cover of “Legends Never Die.”
April 15, 2023
- Happy Tax Day?
- Did the FES cycle. Watched some Drag Race YouTube content.
- Yeah, I might be obsessed.
- And I’m excited for All Stars 8!
- My boyfriend’s here! He made dinner.
- And we watched “Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” (well, had it on in the background while I was in the standing frame and he was doing the dishes).
- Currently feeling: Dang, didn’t think I’d need the air conditioner so early in the year.
- Currently looping: Spotify DJ!
April 16, 2023
- Lazy Sunday!
- Well, not so lazy. My writing/baseball buddy had a picnic birthday party, so my boyfriend and I got some doughnuts [featured picture!] and headed over.
- Dang, this park has hella junkies. One approached the picnic and asked for feminine hygiene products (or a quarter or dollar for the bathroom tampon vending machine), so I gave her a pad, only to find that pad on the ground, unopened, elsewhere in the park, about an hour later.
- I’m starting to think she didn’t actually want the pad.
- Anyway, junkies aside, it was a really nice day in the park with lovely people.
- My boyfriend and I hopped on the bus back to my place. We got back in time to watch the Mets win in extra innings, so yay!
- Currently feeling: So full of friendship and doughnuts.
- Currently looping: The sounds of park buskers?
April 17, 2023
- So many phone calls and emails. But hey, I think I have tiles picked out for the bathroom!
- Worked out with an SCI trainer!
- MORE EMAILS. GAH.
- I would really like to work on my dissertation. Seriously.
- But also, I should do vocal exercises so that I can take up busking once the PhD is over.
- Because lol, what academic jobs?
- Started to cook rice before my boyfriend prepared dinner, because he’ll usually be five minutes into dinner before he goes, “Dang, I should’ve made rice like twenty minutes ago.”
- Yay, west coast Mets games! I can listen to the broadcast while I get ready for bed!
- Currently feeling: I’ll work on the dissertation eventually, right?
- Currently looping: League of Legends’ “Legends Never Die” (Feat. Against the Current). Still a banger.
April 18, 2023
- I’m definitely PMS-ing, because my digestive system is mad at me this morning. Does that happen to anyone else who gets periods?
- Picked out a floor tile! Huzzah! It’s on backorder though, so d’oh!
- Went to Push to Walk and managed to get in a good workout despite my body being not totally up for it.
- Got bubble tea afterwards, because duh.
- Aaaand, I got my period. Well, that makes sense now.
- Added some extra potting soil to my one houseplant, because the soil has been getting compacted(?) lately and when I’ve tried to water my plant, it goes straight through the soil and doesn’t actually water the plant. So here’s hoping that adding soil and mixing it with the already-existing soil will help.
- Yay, Rangers! Why, yes, I do watch NHL playoffs.
- Wordle: In six!
- Currently feeling: Periods are annoying. Also, I’m really hoping I’m taking adequate care of my one houseplant. I’ve kept this one alive for so much longer than my other plants, and I’d hate to dry it out now.
- Currently looping: Spotify DJ. It seems to know I’m a fan of Unleash the Archers, Kamelot, and Spiritbox.
April 19, 2023
- Another contractor visit! Dang, this guy was like, totally ready to rip out the entire bathroom. But I liked that he was blunt.
- I swear, this shower will eventually get fixed.
- Doctor’s appointment, because my body doesn’t make sense.
- My mother and I went from the doctor’s office to our favorite lunch spot.
- And then got bubble tea.
- I disagree with Max Scherzer’s ejection. And also I think this is revenge for Buck Showalter pointing out that one San Diego pitcher’s shiny ears during the playoffs last season.
- Got back to my apartment and washed a bunch of makeup brushes (finally).
- I still need to clean a bunch more. Blasted makeup addiction.
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Loving all the NHL and NBA playoff coverage.
- Currently looping: Spiritbox!
April 20, 2023
- Well, my digestive system is mad at me again.
- Did the FES cycle anyway, because I need to get my physical therapy in.
- Called an academic and sobbed, all the while wondering if I should take a leave of absence while I sort out my health stuff (because let’s face it, I’ve barely done anything with my dissertation apart from edit one of its chapters down into a talk). I’m usually capable of balancing my SCI stuff and getting work done, but these extra health problems are making dissertationing difficult.
- Then tried a new waxing salon, and it was fine. Still better than trying to wax my own legs.
- My bestie came over for some birthday noms!
- Wordle: In two!
- Currently feeling: I would just like for my digestive system and I to be friends again. That would be lovely.
- Currently looping: Spiritbox has a new song out, “The Void”!
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, stay sane, and watch the NHL and NBA playoffs!