Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone is as safe and sane as can be. This week, I stopped an antibiotic after two days because it had horrible side-effects, rewatched the entire LOTR trilogy, and got to have tea with a couple of friends. Daily summaries below!
September 30, 2022
- The new antibiotics are having really bad side effects.
- Really bad. My fever’s gone, but this is torture.
- I need all of the hugs, this is awful.
- Currently feeling: I’m watching baseball, I am, I’m just forgetting to write my opinions down because I’m too busy feeling miserable.
October 1, 2022
- Sobbed over the phone to several medical professionals, at one point pleading with a doctor to let me stop this antibiotic.
- I’m stopping. It’ll take a while for the side effects to go away, and I have to monitor my temperature, but I needed to stop for my sanity.
- I have a bit more of an appetite, so that’s good.
- Marathoning “Lord of the Rings.”
- Currently feeling: The on-call doctor is really sweet, so at least there’s that.
October 2, 2022
- Woke up at 2:30am to the worst bout of side-effects. Wasn’t able to go back to sleep.
- The on-call doctor spoke with my surgeon and said to give another 24 hours for the antibiotic to leave my system.
- There is no shame in rewatching, “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.”
- Or the entire trilogy.
- Sad Mets.
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Even though much of daylight was fine, I’m afraid to go to sleep. That’s usually when the bulk of the chaos happens. I would very much like the chaos to stop, please.
- Currently looping: My music group’s “Album of the Week” is Lana Del Rey’s “Norman Fucking Rockwell!” It’s like sadness to dance to? Such an interesting album.
October 3, 2022
- Slept through the night! Hallelujah!
- A friend from college came over for tea! It was so lovely to see them.
- My body is definitely still in some degree of pain. Thankfully, Advil appears to be the painkiller that my body tolerates best (i.e. I don’t get a fever).
- Caught up on “House of the Dragon.” Well, that show is interesting.
- My mother and I are watching “The Great British Baking Show.”
- My boyfriend stopped by to check in on me, because he is the sweetest. Did I mention that it was raining and cold outside, and he still journeyed over here?
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Thankful to have slept. I’m still a ways from getting back to where I was pre-op, which is pretty effing depressing when you know the procedure didn’t work, but you still have to go through the recovery process.
- Currently looping: Sounds of rain?
October 4, 2022
- Slept through another night! Drainage (from the surgery site) in the morning was rough though.
- Actually got some dissertation work done today, which was really nice.
- Also worked on a draft for a thing for a rehabilitation hospital where I was inpatient for a couple of months back when I was first injured. I’m making a promise to myself not to work for free, but I’ll make an exception for places I’ve always wanted to volunteer for.
- More “Great British Baking Show”!
- Yay, double header! Although alas, the Braves won the division.
- Am I supposed to care about Judge breaking the home run record? I love me a good triple. Who’s leading the league in triples?
- Wordle: In six!
- Currently feeling: Still not at 100%. My body’s healing slowly. The surgeon said it could take about a month.
- Currently looping: Kamelot’s “Under Grey Skies” feat. Charlotte Wessels. I love metal ballads.
October 5, 2022
- Three nights in a row of sleeping, yay!
- But also drainage this morning was very unpleasant.
- Please heal up, body. I need you.
- More dissertation reading!
- A friend from elementary school stopped by. It was wonderful to see her and catch up =)
- Still tired. Wanted to get in the standing frame, but wasn’t feeling up to it just yet.
- It’s nice to see the Mets sweep the Nats.
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Sluggish, and in a bit of pain. I understand that it may take a while for my body to heal, but it’s just so frustrating.
- Currently looping: Kamelot’s live performance of “Under Grey Skies” feat. Charlotte Wessels. How are they so good live?
October 6, 2022
- Slept, but augh, more drainage.
- More dissertation reading.
- My boyfriend stopped by. He brought a protein bar, because he’s concerned about my protein intake.
- There’s no baseball today, but there will be lots tomorrow. So I shall look forward to that.
- Did the standing frame for a bit. Was nice to try to get back into the swing of things, but I could also tell the drainage was leaking. <sadness>
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Tired. Bloated. So very hopeful that my body will heal.
- Currently looping: Lots of Kamelot.
Thanks for reading! Stay safe, get your flu shot and covid booster, and watch some playoff baseball!