Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I had a wheelchair repair, ordered a new wheelchair, and started “The House of the Dragon.” Daily summaries below!
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety (8/19/22)
- Had a situation this morning in which I decided to call the surgeon’s office to see if an earlier procedure date was available. <cries>
- Tried to get work done, but couldn’t stop focusing on the fact that: 1. I’m trying to get an earlier surgery date, 2. I haven’t heard back from the bike store about my tires/tubes, 3. I haven’t heard back from the wheelchair repairman about a price quote for wheel replacements, and 4. I haven’t heard back from the refrigerator people about the proper handle for my refrigerator.
- It’s a lot.
- Worked out, which went surprisingly well given the events of just a few hours prior.
- I also found the refrigerator handles I want to order. The refrigerator people took too long. Like, seriously, a ten-minute search was all that was needed. But I can’t order them until next week. GAH.
- I was sad, so I ordered comfort food.
- At least the Mets won.
- Wordle: In five!
- Currently feeling: Just tired and drained. And only halfway through an article I thought I could finish today.
- Currently looping: Just trying to calm down listening to Sarah Jarosz performing live.
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety-One (8/20/22)
- Did the FES cycle.
- My boyfriend’s here! We’re watching the Mets double-header and eating Chick-fil-a.
- My sister sent me a photo of my niece enjoying a hot chocolate, and I was like, “Dang, now I want a hot chocolate.”
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Had a better morning than yesterday morning, so that’s a relief. But I still want an earlier procedure date.
- Currently looping: Sarah Jarosz’s “Can’t Hide.” It’s such a sweet song.
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety-Two (8/21/22)
- Bookcase reorganization day! I had been getting a few more books over the past few months, so I needed to take some books off of the shelf and add the new ones. And also reorganize sections (as you can guess, there are a decent number of history books in my apartment, without counting the ones from my university’s library).
- Yay, Mets! Dang, that was an exciting game.
- My boyfriend was shocked that I hadn’t seen “Anchorman” basically since it came out in 2004. So we rewatched it together, and it’s kind of hilarious. Paul Rudd playing an oblivious newscaster bro is delightful (lol, Sex Panther).
- Wordle: Whoops.
- Currently feeling: I kind of feel bad for hating on all these Will Ferrell movies in the past. But like, “Talladega Nights,” “Anchorman,” and “Blades of Glory” are all so much fun.
- Currently looping: All the sounds of the Mets-Phillies game? That was so intense.
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety-Three (8/22/22)
- Apparently, the refrigerator handles were ordered two weeks ago, and will be here in one or two more weeks. We shall see.
- Of course, the surgeon’s office would call to confirm a reschedule right in the middle of a timed workout. Of course. And then the call somehow ends up going ten minutes, like, right near the end of the workout.
- But it looks like I’m getting this done earlier.
- And at least the workout loosened up my hip flexors, so I could get in the standing frame later.
- Okay, what is up with Fresh Direct’s produce? I’ve been striking out with berries, tomatoes, and peaches. Le sigh.
- Wow, Mets, that was a surprise. I guess the Yankees didn’t want to embarrass themselves in front of their home crowd? No matter. I am optimistic for tomorrow’s game. Side note: my boyfriend finds it amusing how much I swoon over Anthony Rizzo. But I mean, come on, the man looks fantastic in short shorts.
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Not looking forward to the upcoming procedure, but would really like this situation to be resolved.
- Currently looping: Maya Hawke’s “Sweet Tooth.” I don’t even have a full grasp of the lyrics yet, but this song makes me feel goofy.
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety-Four (8/23/22)
- Did the FES cycle. Watched the pilot for “The House of the Dragon.” It’s funny, so many people think they’re a medieval historian after watching one episode, and they start pulling out historical examples for why a certain thing shouldn’t have happened to a (usually female) character. And they use whatever medieval example they can find to hate on the showrunners. And I’m like, THIS IS FICTION. You are choosing to watch a world that is loosely (LOOSELY) inspired by the Western Middle Ages. Westeros is the patriarchy on steroids. There is no historical accuracy. I thought the flying dragons made that clear. #nerdrage
- Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
- My mother’s here! She brought my wheel to the bike store. They didn’t think it was all that warped, so they replaced the tire I have (which was definitely warped and ready to burst) with an older non-warped one, and a new tube. I’m still going to order new wheels. And new backup tires.
- How are the Mets losing again? Wow, not a sentence I’ve said much this season.
- Writing workshop!
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: I didn’t get any dissertation reading done today, and it’s getting to the point where I’m worried my advisor will think I dropped off the face of the earth. I shall get some work done tomorrow.
- Currently looping: One of the Spotify Daily Mixes.
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety-Five (8/24/22)
- Wheelchair clinic! Ordered a new Medicare-sanctioned (hopefully?) aluminum wheelchair. And picked out Batgirl colors for it, to satisfy my inner Barbara Gordon. Also, it looks like wheels can just be ordered online, so I shall do that before this next tire gets warped.
- My mother and I got bubble tea. Because of course we did.
- I’ve missed bubble tea.
- Did some packing for a trip! Fun fact, a bag of catheters will take up 75% of your luggage space, so it’s best to just separate it into another thing.
- Wordle: Whoops.
- Currently feeling: Did I finish the article I started earlier last week? No. But did I get in some standing in my standing frame? Yes, and I’m glad for that at least.
- Currently looping: Lots of Sarah Jarosz live videos. She is just so calming to listen to.
Day Eight Hundred and Ninety-Six (8/25/22)
- Barely slept last night.
- Did the FES cycle. Watched the latest “She-Hulk” episode. Still my favorite Marvel show.
- Found out that the medical supply company where I get my catheters only sent 80% of my monthly supply. Had to correct the order. <grumble grumble>
- Got to talk to my sister for a bit!
- Finally finished reading this one article. I miss feeling productive.
- Wordle: Didn’t get it because there were too many consonant possibilities after getting three out of five letters of the word early on. <grumble grumble>
- Currently feeling: Why am I so anxious? I would very much like to be not anxious, please and thank you.
- Currently looping: Listened to Epica’s live set from Hellfest this year. Epica’s an interesting band. Love the music, but only if I don’t pay attention to the lyrics (which are kind of all over the place).
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, wear a mask, and check out “She-Hulk”!