Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I finished “Ted Lasso,” binged “The Great,” and repeatedly watched “The Muppets Christmas Carol.” Daily summaries below!
Day Six Hundred and Forty-Five (12/17/21)
- Went to Push to Walk! So tired.
- Mailed cards! And then realized I should write another one.
- BTS performing in a crosswalk is adorable.
- Stupid shootouts in hockey.
- Did some vocal practice. Meant to get in some guitar work as well, but that got derailed.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Seventy-Two!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 0.
- Currently feeling: Should one email an advisor to say, “Happy holidays!”? I feel like I should know that by now, but I don’t, and I also haven’t been saying happy holidays for like four years. I suppose I could continue with the tradition? But it feels rude. #gradstudentproblems
- Currently looping: Ed Sheeran and Elton John’s “Merry Christmas.” I find it kind of funny because isn’t the expression “Happy Christmas” in GB?
Day Six Hundred and Forty-Six (12/18/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Watched a couple episodes of “Ted Lasso.”
- Also watching “The Great.” Lots of “The Great.”
- Doing everything I can to avoid “Spiderman: No Way Home” spoilers. Agh, why Omicron, why?! Whatever happened to Premier Access on Disney+?
- Did some vocal practice, and finally re-recorded some vocals on an old cover (it was back when I was doing everything in Garageband and my microphone was accidentally facing the wrong way). I have a couple of friends who expressed an interest in getting just the audio. Learning that phonation is a never ending battle.
- My search to find a wheelchair dealer is not going super well. I should just start asking around.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 25.
- Currently feeling: And nearly two hours later, I think I need to re-record just like, one note that I think has too much force behind it. Or maybe I can fix it in automation. It’s nearly midnight. I should leave it for tomorrow. Dangit, I was going to practice guitar today. But this was pressing.
- Currently looping: Tina Guo’s “Greensleeves (What Child is This?).” Love that the GoT theme ended up mixed in.
Day Six Hundred and Forty-Seven (12/19/21)
- Watched more “The Great.” Nicholas Hoult is a delightful vicious idiot. Also, Queen Margaery (of GoT) would’ve been ruling Russia in under a week.
- Practiced some flute and vocals. Then re-recorded the vocal audio for my cover of Radiohead’s “No Surprises.” You can listen to the audio on my SoundCloud page! Sounds so much better now that the microphone is facing the correct direction (and you know, seventeen takes later). To post to YouTube as just audio or not to post? If I do post, it’ll be after the holiday season.
- Sent out what I think is the final holiday card of the season (that needs to be mailed).
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 7.
- Currently feeling: I’m actually pretty happy with how the “No Surprises” vocal audio turned out, especially considering it was minimally mixed on Garageband (a DAW in which I have no idea what I’m doing because their presets are a bit too much).
- Currently looping: She and Him’s “A Marshmallow World.”
Day Six Hundred and Forty-Eight (12/20/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Finished “Ted Lasso.” It’s a charming show. I’m not sure why it won so many Emmys (whereas “Schitt’s Creek” deserved all of them and more), but it’s nice. Although I will say that Hannah Waddingham is amazing.
- My mother’s here! She brought blueberry pie. Mmm, pie.
- My sister sent me an adorable video of my niece dancing along to “Let It Go” from “Frozen” wearing a Minnie Mouse ear headband. My face hurt from smiling.
- Today, I referred to the strain of covid from last year as “OG covid.” This is where we are now.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 0.
- Currently feeling: I’m worried about NYC. Again. Ugh, people, please get vaccinated. Get boosted. I’m just glad that my sister visited the week she did. I’d be terrified if she was getting on a plane to come here now.
- Currently looping: Craig Armstrong’s “PM’s Love Theme” from “Love Actually.” It sounds so triumphant, even though Hugh Grant is bumbling around for 90% of his time on screen.
Day Six Hundred and Forty-Nine (12/21/21)
- Went to Push to Walk!
- My mother raved about this one ramen brand from Whole Foods (the noodles are fresh), so she got a pack and we had ramen for dinner. ‘Twas lovely =)
- Finished season one of “The Great.” Immediately started season two, only to realize it was getting late.
- Washed my makeup brushes. Well, most of them. They had been staring at me in the “dirty brush” box, mocking me.
- Total times outside: One Hundred and Seventy-Three!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 1.
- Currently feeling: Probably should’ve practiced guitar. Instead watched “The Great.” I promise that I still love music.
- Currently looping: Vince Guaraldi Trio’s “What Child is This” from “A Charlie Brown Christmas” soundtrack.
Day Six Hundred and Fifty (12/22/21)
- Found out that a favorite childhood bakery closed about two weeks ago. The owner had been running the place for decades and decided it was time to close up shop. I wish I had paid closer attention so I could have had those delightful Italian sandwich cookies one more time.
- Finished “Hawkeye.” I think “Loki” had a better season finale, but overall, “Hawkeye” was more delightful and endearing. And I love Florence Pugh as Yelena.
- Therapy! Apparently “reframing” comes rather easily to me.
- Watched more “The Great.” Nicholas Hoult really is an impressive vicious idiot (which I think I’ve said before and I stand by it).
- Alas, no Rangers tonight.
- There’s a band I really like that’s going to play in Brooklyn in March. To buy tickets, or not to buy tickets (i.e. will it be safe in March)?
- Lol, tickets are sold out. On the waitlist!
- Pretty sure the more I have “The Muppets Christmas Carol” on in the background, the more likely Disney+ will email me to ask if I’m okay.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 21.
- Currently feeling: I told myself that I was going to start working on a bibliography for chapter four today, but that has not yet happened. Possibly because I have yet to send an email update to my advisor. It’s too close to Christmas (which I know he celebrates), so I shall wait until January to update him. Meanwhile, I suppose I’ll get whatever work done on chapter four that I can (while also revising the other chapters, etc.). That feels right.
- Currently looping: Caroline Campbell’s live performance of “What Child is This.”
Day Six Hundred and Fifty-One (12/23/21)
- That feeling when you wake up at 7am and you feel just as tired as when you woke up at 7:30am. So, not seeing the point of the extra half hour.
- Did the FES cycle. Probably should start an Apple+ series, but am not sure which yet. Maybe “See”? I do like Jason Momoa.
- Trying to change an appointment I have to a virtual appointment. But the office is closed and therefore not taking my call. Alas.
- Went outside to get some food.
- I’ve been following the “Jeopardy!” win streak of Amy Schneider. Dang, she really makes the most of those Daily Doubles.
- Watched a couple more episodes of “The Great.” It’s delightful chaos.
- Cleaned up my living space, with “Anastasia” in the background.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Seventy-Four!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 5.
- Currently feeling: On the one hand, I’m glad I tidied up. On the other hand, blast, I was meaning to start that bibliography.
- Currently looping: Liz Callaway’s “Once Upon a December” from “Anastasia” (the 1997 animated film that is not technically a Disney film, yet still is on Disney+ (not that I’m complaining)). Did I belt this in my apartment with no consideration for my neighbors? Yes. And would do so again.
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, get vaccinated/boosted, and have a happy holiday season!