Greetings, Internet! Hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I got my covid booster, spent the following day completely out of it, and posted a fully mixed version of “Jackass”! Daily summaries below!
Day Six Hundred and Twenty-Four (11/26/21)
- Every chocolate store I love has a sale right now and my wallet can’t handle it.
- Went outside to buy stamps, because this girl is going to write out some holiday cards soon-ish. I asked the staff at the nearest post office if they got the snazzy Star Wars droid stamps that were featured on the USPS website, and they were like, “No, and you’re the second person to ask today.” I guess they’re popular?
- Also went and got my covid booster shot!
- Did everything in my power not to stop by a bakery. I had a craving for a pastry and some coffee, but no, I ate too much yesterday.
- Restraint is hard, guys.
- 2.5 hours post shot, my left shoulder feels quite achey.
- I can never get through “Mulan” without ugly crying. There has yet to be a Disney movie to top it.
- Six hours post shot, my legs are spasming more frequently, which translates into full body aches. Can confirm that I ache wherever I can feel things 100%.
- Did some vocal and guitar practice. Was sore throughout.
- Have gotten three emails over the past couple of days about positive covid cases in History buildings at Princeton. Eep.
- Seven (Eight?) hours post shot, I have chills. I might have gotten them at the seven-hour mark, but only really noticed around the eight-hour mark.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Sixty-One!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 2.
- Currently feeling: Sore. Ow. But yay, I got my booster and got enough stamps for holiday cards!
- Currently looping: Norah Jones’ “Christmas Don’t Be Late.” It’s so jazzy!
Day Six Hundred and Twenty-Five (11/27/21)
- The chills from the booster kicked in around midnight. Thank goodness I wear a retainer, otherwise I would’ve destroyed my jaw from how tightly I was clenching my teeth.
- I really needed another layer to keep warm, but between the chills and all of the body aches, I was too weak to get out of bed.
- Whoever said that the booster side effects aren’t as bad as those from the second dose is a liar.
- Woke up feeling super woozy and dehydrated. Dragged myself out of bed to get water and felt like I was going to faint
- The chills came back with a vengeance. I also started sweating in the one spot where I’m capable of sweating.
- Fever. Why. I had to cancel tea with a friend because I was in no condition to socialize.
- My mother came over because I was really low energy and not eating.
- And yes, I’ve been taking Tylenol.
- Did some reading for dissertation prep. I don’t know, it always feels like I’m behind with my reading. Probably because I am.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 5.
- Currently feeling: Blah. Those booster side effects really pack a punch. Really hoping I only have to do this once a year. And that eventually, this will be like getting a flu shot (except the side effects won’t be noticeably worse than getting a flu shot).
- Currently looping: Michael Bublé’s “The Christmas Song.”
Day Six Hundred and Twenty-Six (11/28/21)
- Happy first night of Hanukkah to those who celebrate!
- Feeling much better today. Finally watched “Shazam!” and it was overall a delight.
- Attended a virtual Masterclass with my vocal coach. I really need to practice more vocal stuff.
- The medical supply company shipped only half of my catheters. <sigh> I’ll have to call them tomorrow unless they magically show up tomorrow.
- Fixed up “Jackass” and mixed it. Is it ready for songwriting contests yet?
- Wow, the Jets and the Giants won. It’s a Hanukkah miracle!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 0.
- Currently feeling: Turns out that when I’m not feeling well, I go to bed at 11pm like a healthy person. But when I’m feeling just fine, I go to bed close to midnight because I’m trying to get twenty things done all the time. Really need to work on going to bed sooner.
- Currently looping: She and Him’s “Christmas Wish.”
Day Six Hundred and Twenty-Seven (11/29/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Called the appliance repair people because the oven saga continues.
- The Mets have Mad Max. And DeGrom. And I don’t want to hope, but oh my goodness. The Mets are spending like they’re the Yankees. I’m so confused. I’m also kind of excited, because now I can like Max Scherzer.
- Music hangout! “Jackass” is all mixed and ready to go!
- Did anyone know that Dave Grohl does covers of songs by Jewish artists during Hanukkah? And that one of these covers is a heavy metal cover of Lisa Loeb’s “Stay”? Dave Grohl is a national treasure.
- Did a graduate student survey for my university that was entirely too long.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 5.
- Currently feeling: Still so much to do! It’ll get done though.
- Currently looping: The Killers’ “A Great Big Sled.” Who knew The Killers could really get into the holiday spirit?
Day Six Hundred and Twenty-Eight (11/30/21)
- Went outside to pick up some pastries from a nearby bakery.
- Went to Push to Walk!
- Posted my full band audio mix of “Jackass” to my YouTube channel. You should listen to it. Like now.
- The packages from my holiday shopping are arriving. Oh my.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Sixty-Two and One Hundred and Sixty-Three!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 26. Catching up!
- Currently feeling: Ah, where did the time go? Oh boy, I need to catch up on many things tomorrow.
- Currently looping: She and Him’s “Christmas Don’t Be Late.”
Day Six Hundred and Twenty-Nine (12/1/21)
- Spotify Wrapped is up! Predictably, Spiritbox has two of my top five songs, and Sarah Jarosz is my second most popular artist (behind Evanescence).
- Caught up with a college friend!
- Therapy! Interspersed with important phone calls from a nurse.
- Didn’t have time to make it to a medieval workshop. It was the last one of the semester, but things have been hectic.
- Caught up with a friend from my program!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 1.
- Currently feeling: Going to bed late again. Whoops.
- Currently looping: Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong’s “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm.”
Day Six Hundred and Thirty (12/2/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Started season two of “Ted Lasso.” I love Roy Kent (spoiler alert?) for telling another character not to settle for fine.
- My mother’s here! She baked blueberry lemon bread ^_^
- Okay, I really want to make jelly doughnuts now.
- <insert jumble of graduate school obligations here that all take far longer than initially anticipated>
- Tidied up my kitchen/dining table.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 15.
- Currently feeling: I haven’t done any vocal exercises in nearly a week. Oh dear. I should really get on that.
- Currently looping: Darlene Love’s “White Christmas.”
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, get vaccinated/boosted, and Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it! (And don’t forget to listen to “Jackass”!)