Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I did chapter prep, watched the US Open, and witnessed a wheelchair fight scene in a DC live action television series! Daily summaries below!
Day Five Hundred and Forty (9/3/21)
- Went to Push to Walk. My trainer was training a new trainer (try saying that ten times fast), so that was nice!
- Watched an awesome upset at the US Open (Alcaraz vs. Tsitsipas). I love how the crowd frequently rallies for the underdog (although to be fair, Tsitsipas kind of became the villain for his bathroom breaks that may or may not have sabotaged his opponents). On the one hand, if he has a disability that required extended bathroom breaks, he has no obligation to disclose that. But the timing of his breaks suggests that perhaps he really is doing is to throw off his opponents’ rhythm.
- Game night! ‘Twas chill and lowkey, and a nice break from worldly chaos.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Fifteen!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 0.
- Currently feeling: Like I need to do some vocal exercises. It’s been a while.
- Currently looping: I made a Spotify playlist of songs I like that other people probably(?) like. ‘Tis random.
Day Five Hundred and Forty-One (9/4/21)
- My sister got some pastries from a nearby bakery. We ate them for breakfast as we watched “State of Play.” ‘Twas very on brand.
- My sister and I went out for brunch, and then went to buy some chocolate. Also on brand.
- Watched the Mets blow a 9-0 lead, and then win in the bottom of the ninth (of a seven-inning game). You know what? That’s on brand, too. As was their second game of the double-header, in which they lost by a run.
- Practiced guitar for the first time in a week! Oof, my fingertips are in pain.
- Is anyone watching the Paralympics? Because you should (or at least watch the highlights on YouTube).
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Sixteen!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 17. Catching up slowly.
- Currently feeling: It was so lovely to spend a week with my sister! And now I need to catch up on many things, but still! I can’t wait for the next time she visits! ^_^
- Currently looping: Aoife O’Donovan’s cover of Joni Mitchell’s “A Case of You” with the Live From Here band. Her voice is pure magic.
Day Five Hundred and Forty-Two (9/5/21)
- So much chapter prep, but I’m making progress!
- That Mets game was nuts.
- My stomach’s been a bit off today, likely due to all of the noms my sister and I ate while she visited (paired with some sleep deprivation). Alas, it’s caught up to me. It’s a two-cups-of-tea kind of day. <pours self jasmine>
- This Kerber-Fernandez match is incredible.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 15. Still so much to catch up on.
- Currently feeling: Okay, I think I’ll give myself one more week to translate relevant articles/book chapters in German, and then I need to start writing this chapter.
- Currently looping: Cory Wong’s “Simon” from Live From Here. He makes guitar playing look easy when it most definitely is not.
Day Five Hundred and Forty-Three (9/6/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Finished the season of “Legends of Tomorrow.” It was zany and heartfelt, so of course I cried.
- I’ve been watching the new season of “Titans” and <spoiler warning> there is a WHEELCHAIR FIGHT SCENE (as in, one person is able-bodied and the other person is using a wheelchair). And the wheelchair user is AMAZING. Omg. I’m just, my heart. Marvel, where the heck is your wheelchair-using superhero (who doesn’t have telepathy/telekinesis)?
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 26. Oof. Almost caught up.
- Currently feeling: I had a solid hour-and-a-half where I could have decided what to work on: dissertation, music, etc. The time flew by and I didn’t end up doing anything except maybe sort some emails. I really need to write a schedule and stick to it.
- Currently looping: Evanescence’s live performance of “Part of Me.” I have really considered getting the line, “I will be more than my survival” tattooed somewhere.
Day Five Hundred and Forty-Four (9/7/21)
- Went to PTW. Was feeling crampy and my shoulder was a bit sore, but we made it work!
- Watched Fernandez make it to the semi-finals! She’s amazing.
- My mother and I tried out a new ramen place. I’m always on the hunt for the ramen equivalent of chicken noodle soup.
- Played guitar and practiced vocals. I’m determined to go all-in on the dissertation prep over the weekend.
- I’m in a nerdy music group on Facebook, and today we were challenged to create a playlist of ten perfect songs. My definition of perfect is “these songs are so amazingly orchestrated and I swoon at their genius,” so here it goes if anyone’s interested.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Seventeen!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 2.
- Currently feeling: I forgot to mention a while back that I hit 400 subscribers about a week ago. Just goes to show how little subscriber count matters, I suppose?
- Currently looping: Ben Gibbard’s Tiny Desk (Home) Concert. I hadn’t realized he’d done one! And it’s delightful, of course.
Day Five Hundred and Forty-Five (9/8/21)
- Why am I still feeling crampy?
- Attempted music lesson. My stomach started making weird noises, and I concluded it was a minor panic attack, so I had to end the lesson early.
- Why am I panicking?
- Recorded a cover for this week because I didn’t want to go two weeks without recording a video. Maybe that’s why I was nervous?
- Actually, no, there are other things stressing me out.
- Ate a meal. Feeling less nervous.
- My bestie stopped by for a visit! Panic is mostly gone, but my stomach is still antsy.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 0.
- Currently feeling: Oh please, let my stomach feel okay in the morning.
- Currently looping: Halestorm’s “Vicious.”
Day Five Hundred and Forty-Six (9/9/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Caught up on “Titans.”
- Posted my acoustic cover of Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn.”
- My mother’s here!
- Holy cow, that Fernandez match! But also, I felt bad for Sabalenka. Must be rough when the entire arena is rooting against you.
- The Mets continue to lose games by a run. Le sigh.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 22.
- Currently feeling: I need to prioritize things better, and come to grips with the fact that I do not, in fact, possess a Time Turner.
- Currently looping: Aoife O’Donovan’s “Captain’s Clock.” The chorus is so hypnotic.
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, get vaccinated, and go watch that wheelchair fight scene if you haven’t yet!