Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I watched oodles of Olympics Trials, watched Wimbledon (so many sports), and I ordered a bass guitar! Daily summaries below!
Day Four Hundred and Seventy (6/25/21)
- Phone calls and admin stuff. Drank tea and watched the latest “Bad Batch” episode. It was amazing.
- Went outside for a matcha latte.
- Did some vocal practice.
- Watched Allyson Felix qualify for the 200m finals! Ahh!!!
- Started watching some of the Women’s Gymnastics trials, and then my bestie stopped by! And then we got trashed (well, I got trashed) at a bar. There were a few embarrassing IG stories. Mostly she was showing off my legs because I was wearing shorts. That’s right. I wear shorts. And I look CUTE.
- Total Times Outside: Eighty-Four and Eighty-Five!
- Total videos watched from other YouTubers: 16. And I have another 10 to watch.
- Currently feeling: I am so behind on things, but I got to wear shorts and holy cow, I look adorable. I literally asked my bestie, “Wait…am I attractive?” In a world in which wheelchair users are basically never seen as objects of desire, this is a revolutionary thought. I’m also mostly sober and it’s 2:45am.
- Currently looping: Florence + The Machine’s “Shake It Out.”
Day Four Hundred and Seventy-One (6/26/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Am now only one episode behind on “Legends of Tomorrow.”
- The Mets actually won a game in the bottom of the ninth. It was delightful!
- So many Olympic trials! I’m glad Allyson Felix qualified for the 400m, because she did not for the 200m.
- Every time “Dodgeball” is on television, I feel like I have to watch it. Because I refuse to ignore an icon. I mean, sure, parts of it certainly did not age well, but it continues to be hilarious.
- Did some vocal practice. Definitely did not prepare enough for tomorrow (I’m supposed to perform in a masterclass), but sometimes you just don’t have time.
- Aaand the bass I wanted to buy is sold out. Should’ve acted sooner. But there’s another I’m drawn to, so perhaps I’ll get that one.
- Total number of videos watched by other YouTubers: 28. It was a lot.
- Currently feeling: Still feeling very behind on things (probably because I had to watch 28 videos today and respond to comments on my own video). I need to figure out when to take a YouTube break to work on other things.
- Currently looping: Jinjer’s “Teacher, Teacher!” Love those harsh vocals.
Day Four Hundred and Seventy-Two (6/27/21)
- I ORDERED A BASS GUITAR! I can’t wait for you all to see her. ^_^
- I’m about 4.5 episodes into “The Wire.” It’s not at “let me abandon my work for one more episode” level, but I guess it should pick up soon?
- Did some vocal practice. And then sang in front of about a dozen people via Zoom. I think it went well?
- I’m at 300 subscribers! Well, I was a couple of days ago, but wahoo, 300! (I mean, lots of people have way more subscribers, and they’re proof that subscriber count is meaningless.) But still, wahoo, 300!
- That said, I need to take a break from watching all these videos from other people.
- I need to perform live. Please. YouTube eats up way too much time. Imagine performing a song, and then having to listen to everyone in your audience also perform a song. It’s too many songs.
- Gymnastics trials! Will the cameraman stop filming Simone Biles being sad? Good grief, let her breathe!
- Total videos watched from other YouTubers: 20. This weekend’s total is 64 videos.
- Currently feeling: I say that I’ll stop watching so many YouTube videos, but I’d say at least half of the videos I watch are quite good, and I’m happy to support a number of channels, but this is getting unsustainable.
- Currently looping: Florence + The Machine’s “Heartlines.”
Day Four Hundred and Seventy-Three (6/28/21)
- The oven was repaired! Hooray!
- Did the FES cycle.
- My mother’s here! She brought gelato from a nearby shop. She also agrees that I look cute in shorts, and maybe I shouldn’t have been wearing black leggings all the time for the past fourteen years. Oh self-confidence, better late than never, I suppose.
- Wimbledon! Andy Murray! Ahh, so exciting!
- Why, Mets, why?
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 4. Thank goodness I got a bit of a break today.
- Currently feeling: Tired, but what else is new? At least my oven is fixed!
- Currently looping: Brandi Carlile’s cover of John Denver’s “Take Me Home, Country Roads.” It’s just gorgeous, like everything Brandi Carlile does.
Day Four Hundred and Seventy-Four (6/29/21)
- Went to PTW. Am so tired. So very tired. And felt very distracted by some odd abdominal spasms (which may be a sign of dehydration?).
- My mother and I got back to my apartment and got some takeout.
- Very sad that Serena Williams had to withdraw from Wimbledon. She’s trained like hell, and I hope someone looks into why the Centre Court grass was so slippery (I mean, wasn’t it raining for the past two days in England?).
- This was the course I helped to teach!
- Yay, Mets!
- Total Times Outside: Eighty-Six!
- Total Videos Watched from other YouTubers: 11.
- Currently feeling: Weirdly distracted. I just felt unfocused all day. Very unlike me. Maybe I’m just sleepy.
- Currently looping: Cody Fry (feat. Cory Wong)’s “Want Me Back.” It’s a fun bop.
Day Four Hundred and Seventy-Five (6/30/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Only one episode behind “Legends of Tomorrow” (and I definitely cried twice because I love these characters so much).
- FaceTimed my sister!
- Video chatted a friend! And then we peer pressured each other into writing necessary emails.
- My bass has arrived! But, er, I’m not sure I can get her out of the box. It’s going to be a bit tricky, but I’ll try it out tomorrow.
- Oh, Mets. Oh, Mets. It started pouring outside, so I switched on the Yankees game, and I don’t know why, but I love watching downpours against ballpark lights.
- Total number of videos watched from other YouTubers: 9.
- Currently feeling: Even though I’ve been staying indoors and avoiding the heatwave, I’m still feeling dehydrated despite drinking the recommended amount of water. This has led to some early morning headaches. I drank a bit more, and the weird ab spasms I was feeling yesterday went away (so my trainer was right to peg dehydration as a possible spasm-causer).
- Currently looping: Spiritbox’s live performance of “Holy Roller.” I watched the official music video and it is legit terrifying. This is less terrifying.
Day Four Hundred and Seventy-Six (7/1/21)
- I’m a fan of “Loki.”
- Well, the abdominal spasm and lack of focus mystery has been solved. Period came early.
- Posted my park performance of Sara Bareilles’ “She Used to Be Mine.” I should’ve insisted to my friend (who very kindly recorded the performance) that she use the microphone attachment for the camera, because the background noise is inescapable. My bad.
- Music lesson! Yeah, I need to cut down on YouTube posting. It’s counterproductive at this point.
- I have my bass! I took her out of the box and set her up. Her name is Evans and she’s beautiful.
- Therapy! I need to eliminate things that take up way too much time. Why, hello there, YouTube. Looking at you.
- This is accurate.
- Watched Bo Burnham’s special on Netflix. It’s weird. I remember some of the songs. I remember they were clever. But I cannot recollect how any of it made me feel.
- Tinkering with some songs. I’d like to start recording some things for a demo.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 9.
- Currently feeling: Crampy and tired. And bloated.
- Currently looping: Miley Cyrus’ (feat. WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith) cover of Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters.” I’ve been seeing it in my YouTube recommended sidebar, but a friend sent the link to me today and I realized that was the sign I needed to start watching.
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, get vaccinated, and have a happy Fourth of July weekend!