Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I did hella dissertation writing, worked through a weekend of anxiety, and saw Sarah Jarosz perform live! Daily summaries below!
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-One (9/24/21)
- Went to Push to Walk! Nearly fell asleep on the car ride home.
- Slight bit of dissertationing.
- Went out with my bestie and got TRASHED.
- I AM SO TRASHED.
- I AM SO TRASHED AND JUDGEY.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Twenty-Five and One Hundred and Twenty-Six!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 1.
- Currently feeling: So trashed. So tired. So thankful.
- Currently looping: Sarah Jarosz’s live performance of “House of Mercy.”
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-Two (9/25/21)
- Mild hangover, thy name is tequila cocktails. Slept in until 8am (that’s sleeping in for me, okay?).
- Did the FES cycle and caught up with “Titans.” Exercise cures hangovers, right?
- Met up with a friend from college at the park! She’s on her book tour right now (you can check out her book here!). We had a tea and cookies picnic. I hadn’t seen her in nearly two years.
- That adorable moment during the Mets broadcast when Gary Cohen tells Keith Hernandez that he’d better call him during the offseason. The SNY broadcast booth is precious and no one can tell me otherwise.
- Dissertationing! These Latin translations are ghastly, but I shall fix them later.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Twenty-Seven!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 5.
- Currently feeling: I went outside and enjoyed the absolutely perfect weather with a friend, and put my dissertation on the back burner for a couple of hours. Is this what workaholic recovery feels like?
- Currently looping: Spiritbox’s “Eternal Blue.” I love that my YouTube suggestions are a mix of other Spiritbox songs and Sarah Jarosz songs.
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-Three (9/26/21)
- Dissertation day!
- On the one hand, the Mets are sad. On the other hand, I’m happy for Milwaukee.
- Okay, I have to call at least two medical things tomorrow to sort things out.
- Um, I’m having a panic attack. Why am I having a panic attack?
- Called my sister. Panic dissipated. She also reminded me that I’m probably feeling off because I’m still getting over my hangover. For context, I’m a two-drink kind of gal. I had three cocktails, three hours after my last meal and within a two-hour span, and before the third drink I ate half an order of fries. My poor digestive system.
- She also started watching that horror show on Netflix I’ve been interested in. Based on her assessment of the first three minutes, I absolutely do not think I could handle it.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 18.
- Currently feeling: A couple of friends checked in after my last blog post. Thanks, guys. I’m sorry the post came off more bleak than I had intended. You guys are really sweet, though. I’m grateful to have you in my life ❤
- Currently looping: Aoife O’Donovan’s Live from Here performance of “Detour Sign.”
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-Four (9/27/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Finished season two of the animated “Harley Quinn” series. Can’t wait for season three!
- Music hangout! My music instructor has decided I’m past lessons. We’re music buddies now!
- I may have had residual anxiety from last night, so I literally wheeled myself nearly a mile to the concert venue, because SARAH JAROSZ WAS PLAYING TONIGHT. My favorite way of getting rid of anxiety is to exhaust it out of my system. Wheeling nearly a mile helped tremendously.
- Went to the Sarah Jarosz concert with my bestie and OH MY GOSH, SARAH JAROSZ IS A NATIONAL TREASURE.
- So many of my favorite songs. Her whole band is super talented. Between the four of them, there were guitars (electric and acoustic), a slide guitar, a mandolin, an octave mandolin, banjo, bass, upright bass. And then John Leventhal (NBD) came on stage for a couple of songs. Also there were people doing a jig during one of the banjo-heavy songs. I kind of love bluegrass (funny story, I only started listening to it because my writing buddy’s roommate introduced me to the genre).
- Another cure for anxiety is live music. Who knew?
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Twenty-Eight and One Hundred and Twenty-Nine (I’m also counting when I went out to get food earlier).
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 10.
- Currently feeling: Full of music-based joy and feeling so much better than I was feeling last night. It’s back to the dissertation grind tomorrow, but tonight was beautiful.
- Currently looping: I mean, I did listen to a bunch of Spiritbox earlier, BUT I WENT TO A LIVE MUSIC CONCERT FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE JANUARY 2020. AND I STAN SARAH JAROSZ.
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-Five (9/28/21)
- Went to Push to Walk! Had an eventful time with the platform walker, in that I dropped onto my trainer. Thank goodness he has ridiculously quick reflexes, and somehow managed to grab my waist and pivot so I landed seated in a chair. He said it was a graceful fall.
- The Mets won in extra innings? What is this? That run in April when things seemed hopeful for their season? Ah, whatever, Thor pitched an inning!
- Dissertationing! Hit my daily word quota and can start on the next third of this chapter.
- Total Times Outside: One Hundred and Thirty!
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 0. It’s dissertation time!
- Currently feeling: Hooray for hitting my word quota for the day, but less hooray for yet again going to bed after midnight. So sleepy.
- Currently looping: Fall Out Boy’s “Immortals.” I was watching “Big Hero 6” the other day, and it’s a catchy song.
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-Six (9/29/21)
- DIssertation day! Wrote for about four and a half hours (flew past my daily word quota), with a one-hour snack + tea break. Tried to return to the dissertation at night, but my body was like, “NO” (i.e. I immediately became tired and felt uncomfortable). So I stopped and spent the rest of the day catching up on non-dissertation stuff.
- My strings arrived! I still have to finish this draft before I can attempt restringing, but yay, they’re here!
- The Mets might win! They might win! They might…they lost. Gary referred to a sad game last week as being a “microcosm of this season,” and I had those microcosm feels tonight. Yes, Gary Cohen says things like “microcosm” during broadcasts. It’s one of many reasons why he’s my fave.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 16. And there’s still over ten to go. And I’m not even uploading anything this week.
- Currently feeling: Just a few more days, and then I can review parts of my chapter where I inserted comments to fix later. Then I’ll read through it two or three times and send it off to my advisor. But I should also send him an email to say that I’m working on it and the draft will get to him within a week or so, just so he knows I’m not blowing off my G5 obligations.
- Currently looping: Spiritbox’s “Yellowjacket” feat. Sam Carter (of Architects).
Day Five Hundred and Sixty-Seven (9/30/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Watched the most recent “Titans” episode. Yet again, the writers decided they wanted to go somewhere, and then took the least logical route to get there. <sigh> This season was showing such promise.
- The disability community lost a legend. RIP, Marilyn Golden. Thank you for all of your advocacy and badassery.
- My mother’s here!
- More dissertationing! I’ve set a rough draft deadline for this Sunday. We shall see how that goes.
- Therapy! It’s reassuring to be told that I’m probably not imagining things.
- The Mets won, but Michael Conforto is going into free agency and I’m going to miss him.
- Total videos watched by other YouTubers: 2. It’s dissertation time, okay?
- Currently feeling: So close to finishing this chapter draft. So close.
- Currently looping: Lorde’s “Supercut.” It’s like listening to a whirlwind of manufactured memories. Dang, Lorde.
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, get vaccinated, and enjoy the last weekend of the MLB regular season!