Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone’s staying as safe and sane as possible. This week, I almost finished season one of “Titans,” got back into the swing of teaching (after Spring Break), and I went outside three times in the same week! Daily summaries below!
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Two (3/19/21)
- Was on the phone with insurance for two hours. Fun times.
- My father bought pepper spray for my mother. This is where we are now, folks. I’ve feared for her safety since the pandemic started, but now we’re in “pepper spray” mode.
- Did some audio recording for next week’s cover. Ableton Lite only allows me eight tracks. I have used them all.
- Effing Ohio State. Can’t you beat a 15-seed? But also, TFW you called Rutgers to get their first tourney win since the ‘80s.
- Currently feeling: It’s past 1am. Oof. And I still haven’t finished everything on my to-do list. Nobody spoil the first episode of “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” for me!
- Currently looping: Unleash the Archers’ “Time Stands Still” live performance. Brittney Slayes sounds even more incredible live. Like, I am just in awe of her majesty.
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Three (3/20/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Watched another episode of “Titans.”
- Finally caught up with the work I was supposed to do this Spring Break (or Spring Blink, am I right?).
- Audio mixing!
- Movie Night! “The Princess Bride.” Writing buddy hadn’t seen it (which was, in my opinion, inconceivable). Hadn’t seen the movie night group in a while, and then realized afterward I’ve been awful at keeping up with videochatting people.
- Currently feeling: Going to bed after 1am again. I think the cabin fever might actually be starting to hit, now that it’s been a year and I really miss going to a bar and getting fries. And a drink with tequila in it. Don’t mind me, I’m just looking at the menu of a nearby bar and plotting a meal with fries.
- Currently looping: The Goo Goo Dolls’ “Black Balloon.”
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Four (3/21/21)
- Recorded the video portion for this week’s cover. I mean, sure, I have very low confidence in the cover, but it’s going up anyway.
- Went outside because I ran out of hand soap and needed to restock. Also it was over sixty degrees and sunny. Gotta get that vitamin D.
- A March Madness announcer just said, “Can you believe we’re getting paid to watch these games?” I mean, I’ve been saying that for years.
- Total times outside: Fifty-One!
- Currently feeling: Hey, that feeling returned that everything I do is pointless and just a futile attempt to keep myself occupied until my life actually begins. Like Rapunzel in “Tangled.” Perhaps I should get a chameleon. Or maybe instead of investing in a reptilian companion, I should figure out what I mean by “begin.” One year post-pandemic has made things quite confusing.
- Currently looping: Unleash the Archers’ “False Walls.” An eight-minute metal song that’s part of a high fantasy concept album? Um. Yes. Please. All of the yes. Also there’s a guitar chord progression that sounds like the Sportscenter theme (which was probably unintentional, because the band is Canadian…but then again, they do have Sportscenter in Canada…it’s just 55 minutes of hockey and five minutes of all the other sports).
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Five (3/22/21)
- Did the FES cycle. Watched a lecture.
- Musical lesson!
- Teaching meeting!
- Got my new laptop! It may be a little while before I find time to set it up.
- Emailed my precepts. Putting together something of a lesson plan.
- Currently feeling: Oh hey, what’s that? Another post-1am night. Looks like we’re back to my pre-Daylight Savings schedule.
- Currently looping: Jhené Aiko’s “Lead the Way” from “Raya and the Last Dragon.” I still need to see the movie, but maybe not now while it’s like, $30 on Disney+ Premier.
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Six (3/23/21)
- Went outside today for a matcha latte and a treat from a nearby bakery!
- Finished lesson prep!
- Watched a couple episodes of “Titans.” Really good show. Why can’t DC make movies that are the same quality as their television shows?
- Went outside again(!) today for some grocery items. Also picked up a couple of things to put into my sister’s birthday box.
- Precept! Hopefully my students don’t take my gallows humor as an indicator that I don’t take plagues of various sorts seriously. They were unequivocally awful. But if I take a moment to empathize with how the people of the Middle Ages felt as they helplessly watched their loved ones die, I wouldn’t get through precept because I’d be sobbing. And I can’t teach while I’m sobbing.
- Practiced some guitar until my fingertips hurt. I haven’t been able to do that for a little while, so my endurance isn’t what I’d like it to be.
- Total times outside: Fifty-Two and Fifty-Three!
- Currently feeling: Someday I will sort all the read emails in my inbox into their own separate folders. Today is not that day.
- Currently looping: Unleash the Archers’ “Apex” live acoustic performance. Brittney Slayes ❤
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Seven (3/24/21)
- Did the FES cycle.
- Office hours! Two students stopped by!
- Cleaned some of my makeup brushes. It was time.
- Two episodes away from finishing season one of “Titans.” Still a fan. Still no inclination to watch the Snyder cut.
- Played a bit of guitar. Maybe I can find time to record tomorrow?
- Precept! We had to cram two weeks of material into one, so we just barely finished what needed to be covered. I always feel like I go into these not having prepared enough despite my nearly ten pages of notes from lectures/readings. Le sigh.
- Currently feeling: I got a lot done today, but still feel like I haven’t? Is there a (not snarky) word for that?
- Currently looping: “Adagio” (from Dvorák’s “New World Symphony”), performed by Epica and an orchestra from their “The Classical Conspiracy” album.
Day Three Hundred and Seventy-Eight (3/25/21)
- My mother’s here! We ordered cream puffs.
- Posted my acoustic cover of Aurora’s “Running with the Wolves.” I still need to watch “Wolfwalkers.”
- Grading! Got through a bit more than half of the midterms. The remaining few will be dealt with tomorrow. That sounded unnecessarily menacing.
- Currently feeling: The ever-present juggle of multiple tasks. Juggling’s hard, guys.
- Currently looping: Amaranthe’s “Amaranthine.”
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, wear a mask, and check your state’s guidelines to see when you can get vaccinated!