Greetings, Internet! I hope everyone is staying as safe and sane as can be. This week, I watched Wimbledon, went on an impromptu trip to Jersey City, and binged “The Umbrella Academy.” Daily summaries below!
Day Eight Hundred and Forty-Eight (7/8/22)
- Went to Push to Walk! Workout was a bit difficult on account of me being slightly hungover.
- More bubble tea, especially because my mother and I drove through a freaking monsoon to get back to NYC from Jersey.
- Bummed that Nadal won’t be able to compete, especially because his semifinal opponent is just not a great person. And now the not great person is playing Djokovic in the finals. Would’ve been nice to root for a British person to win Wimbledon (root root root for the home team, amiright?), but hey, at least one of them made it to the semis.
- Alas, Mets.
- Wordle: In two!
- Currently feeling: Was going to do some reading today for dissertation things, but may have to put that off until tomorrow. I also haven’t heard anything back from my advisor yet, so of course I’m worried that he hated the chapter. Or maybe no news is good news? Who knows?
- Currently looping: Garbage’s “Blood for Poppies.”
Day Eight Hundred and Forty-Nine (7/9/22)
- Did the FES cycle.
- LOL, Columbia.
- I had no idea Kazakhstan even had tennis players on the WTA tour. Just goes to show what I know.
- Went grocery shopping! Got to ride in the Whole Foods freight elevator because their actual elevator was out of service.
- My boyfriend’s here! I made English muffin pizza, thereby continuing my run of frat boy cooking.
- Yay, Mets! And yay, Keith Hernandez Day!
- “I’m Keith Hernandez.”
- Wordle: Whoops.
- Currently feeling: He’s Keith Hernandez. (Highly recommend watching the “Seinfeld” episode, “The Boyfriend” for the reference.)
- Currently looping: There’s a Nightwish concert that was livestreamed a few weeks ago!
Day Eight Hundred and Fifty (7/10/22)
- Lazy Sunday watching the Mets lose in extras. Alas.
- But then! My boyfriend realizes he left his work laptop at his apartment. In Jersey.
- Cue me suggesting that we go to Jersey to retrieve it.
- Cue me and my boyfriend taking the PATH together.
- Yes, he thinks I’m ridiculous. But did he veto the idea? Nay, and so here we are.
- Got dinner at a restaurant doing a soft opening. Ate way too much food.
- We regret nothing.
- Got back on the PATH to my apartment.
- Passed out while watching an episode of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” when we got back to my apartment.
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Kind of glad I got to experience the PATH train. It’s really not that far from NYC to Jersey City.
- Currently looping: The sounds of the PATH train?
Day Eight Hundred and Fifty-One (7/11/22)
- Finalized tattoo appointment. It’s happening!
- Worked out!
- Monthly facial! Have to make sure I wear lots of SPF this week.
- Yay, Mets!
- My boyfriend tried to put up a clock in my apartment, but we lack the appropriate materials to place it somewhere. To the internet!
- I really want to get a Hellfire Club t-shirt. Or a Scoops Ahoy! T-shirt. Or any “Stranger Things” merch.
- Wordle: In four!
- Currently feeling: Still worrying that my advisor hated my chapter, because I haven’t heard from him and he said he’d get back to me about a week ago.
- Currently looping: My Spotify “Karaoke” playlist.
Day Eight Hundred and Fifty-Two (7/12/22)
- Went to Push to Walk! Legs are finally a bit looser! Thank you, Theragun!
- Bubble tea afterwards, because it is ninety degrees outside.
- Wow, these January 6th hearings continue to be unsettling AF. There are more appropriate words, probably. But for now, unsettling.
- Did some writing.
- I broke a chopstick with my teeth by accident. Whoops.
- My mother baked a blueberry lemon loaf! Huzzah!
- Alas, Mets. These NL East standings are tense.
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: I’m getting my first tattoo tomorrow! And I’m confident in what I chose. I think the initial design ideas I had were more along the lines of self-affirmation, which is nice and hey, there are oodles of self-affirmation tattoos out there, but I find more joy in things that remind me that there are people who love and support me. And that love is expressed in food. Blueberry pie reminds me of my mother. Pretty sure if I got a tattoo to remind me of my sister, I’d get a mini afternoon tea spread. Or a matcha latte. My niece would be a croissant. My father would be a bagel with cream cheese. Or a plate of eggs and bacon. And I haven’t been around my nephew enough to know what food would remind me of him (also, he doesn’t eat solid foods yet). But I’m rambling. I haven’t even gotten my first tattoo and I’m like, “Food sleeve!”
- Currently looping: More of my “Karaoke” playlist.
Day Eight Hundred and Fifty-Three (7/13/22)
- Aaand my tattoo appointment got rescheduled. Alas.
- Yay, Mets!
- Dang, I love “The Umbrella Academy.” Five episodes in, and it is delightful. Well, delightfully chaotic.
- Yeah, I’m halfway through season three. This girl can binge. Also, dang, this season is intense.
- Finally, finally made a coherent budget for myself. Yes, prior to that, I definitely was just hoping I stayed under budget (and pretty much did, but now I can actually calculate staying under budget instead of just worrying that I’m overbudget when I’m most likely not). Huzzah for some responsibility?
- Wordle: In five!
- Currently feeling: I meant to go outside, but it was a high of ninety degrees, so I stayed in. I guess I should’ve gone outside in the evening, but after writing up a budget, I realized I should probably spend a bit less. Mostly because this tattoo I want is hella expensive. Next, I need to figure out how to set myself up as a freelancer so that I can do college essay coaching (so that I have tattoo income).
- Currently looping: Metallica’s live performance of “Master of Puppets,” performed during a thunderstorm (somewhat like how <STRANGER THINGS SPOILER ALERT> Eddie Munson played in the season four finale during an Upside Down lightning storm). I love how “Stranger Things” has introduced more people to metal. Gatekeeping is for losers, metal is for everyone.
Day Eight Hundred and Fifty-Four (7/14/22)
- Did the FES cycle.
- Finished season three of “The Umbrella Academy.” Holy cow. So good.
- My mother’s here! She baked a peach pie.
- There’s a book that may be important for the next chapter, but I say “important” in that it’s not particularly well-argued, but it’s one of the only things written about something I wanted to cover in my dissertation, so it looks like I’m stuck with it. Anyway, I downloaded the book and am going to jump into it soon.
- Wordle: In three!
- Currently feeling: Sleepy, but I didn’t sleep well last night, so it would make sense to catch up on sleep and not go to bed after midnight. I am totally disciplined.
- Currently looping: This live performance of Unleash the Archers’ “Faster Than Light.” Can I be friends with Brittney Slayes?
Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe, wear a mask, and maybe avoid crowded areas because BA.5 is out there.
2 thoughts on “Self-Isolation Diaries – Week 122”
Check out the Hellfire Club t-shirts on Amazon, I got mine from there just over a week ago and love it! I also got a pack of Stranger Things stickers, a few of them I’m going to have my mom put on the plastic covers on the bottom of my wheelchair. You sound like me, I’ve been looping the Stranger Things playlist I made from this season with Running Up That Hill, Master of Puppets, Spellbound, Every Breath You Take, and Separate Ways. It’s going to feel like such a long wait for season 5!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ooh, good idea! And that’s a great idea to put stickers on your chair. I can’t wait for season 5, too!!